Working with The Golden Voice
Get your vocal cords warmed up, because your first lesson is right around the corner. Please look for a system message confirming the date and time as well as the location (in person or Zoom). Remember, no reschedules allowed, so make sure to mark your calendar and set a million alarms if you have to.
Your First Session
I can’t wait to meet you and hear your amazing voice! During our first session, I’ll have you sing for me and ask you a bunch of questions to help you reach your goals. My mission is to help you unlock your full potential and have a blast while doing it. If there’s something specific you want to focus on during our session, just let me know. And hey, if you’re not sure, I’ll guide you in the right direction.
- Ahead of your lesson, please pick out 2-3 cover songs you’d like to learn from artists that correspond to your gender. This helps us best develop your voice within a specific vocal range, especially at the beginning.
- Make sure there’s both a lyric track and a karaoke track with lyrics on YouTube. Click the links for examples.
- Don’t stress if you don’t have the songs down just yet. I’ll probably only have you run through the first verse and chorus.
- Bring room temperature water to keep those vocal cords hydrated!
- If you’re under 18, you can bring one guardian with you to the session otherwise sessions are closed.
- Sorry, no friends, siblings, or entourage allowed (I once had an unmentionable A-Lister bring 10 people….and their very tiny but loud dog)!
What To Expect
Top of the line professional services. I work with celebs and professional singers (in addition to my favorite AWESOME newbies), and I will give everyone the same premier service. You will have immediate and drastic results after each session.
If your lesson is on Zoom, please test your audio and video before our session. If you don’t have zoom, please download the app (not the browser plug-in) here: https://zoom.us/download
Ensure that the following settings are turned on in Zoom:
- Zoom > Preferences > Video … test that your video camera is working
- Zoom > Preferences > Audio … test your speaker and microphone to ensure they are working
- Zoom > Preferences > Audio … select ‘Original Sound for Musicians’ and ‘Echo Cancellation’ (see screenshot below)
On the day of our session please join me here:
- Zoom link to join: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/5136503033
- Zoom sessions may not be recorded by either party without prior permission
Attendance, Billing and Cancellation Policies
And finally, here are some policies to keep in mind:
- All scheduling and billing is conducted through a program called ‘My Music Staff’. This is a secure and widely used industry program, for singing teachers and coaches.
- Your first lesson will be billed as a single lesson. Invoices are due on receipt and must be paid manually by the student/parent, failure to pay (within 24 hours of receipt) will forfeit your scheduled time slot.
- Subsequent lessons are billed monthly, in advance using auto-pay.
- In the last week of each month you will be charged for lessons in the following month.
- Typically this means a charge of 4 or 5 lessons (depending on how many weeks are in the month) but may be less due to scheduled holidays such as Christmas or Thanksgiving.
- You will not receive an invoice for auto-paid lessons but you will receive an emailed receipt of the transaction.
III. Rescheduling and non-attendance
- We have a strict no-reschedule and no-cancellation policy.
- A reminder will be sent by email and text message 24 hours before your lesson. You may opt out of one or both of these reminders.
- Non-attendance will incur the regular lesson charge. We do not do make-up lessons.
- In the rare event that the coach needs to reschedule, students will be notified at least 24 hours in advance and a credit for that lesson will be placed on the next months invoice.
IV. Late policy
Please be on time, I value your time and expect you to value mine.
- If you’re more than 15 minutes late (even due to technological issues), the session will be forfeited without refund.
- If you’re going to be late (even by 5 minutes), text me with your exact ETA so I’m not sitting there twiddling my thumbs 🙂
- Again, please double-check your technology beforehand to make sure it’s all good to go.
There are no lessons on major US holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Should your lesson fall on a holiday our system will not allow your lesson to be booked and you will not be charged for that week.
- Should you wish to cancel your lessons we require 2 weeks notice before the 1st of the following month. With sufficient notice your autopay will be cancelled.
- If you wish to cancel without the required two-week notice, you will be charged for two lessons of the upcoming month and the rest will be refunded. However, you are still welcome to attend these lessons at your regular time.
VII. Student portal
You may login to check the status of your account, your payment history, update payment methods and see how many lessons you have scheduled in our student portal. Access the portal here.
Zoom sessions may not be recorded by either party without prior permission. In general it is never permitted. Audio is, however permitted only when you ask permission before each session.
Information shared during sessions is for instructional purposes and will remain confidential.
Neither the Coach, nor any affiliated parties, shall be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses. This includes any potential injuries or damages sustained by the Student during their participation in any lessons or activities, or as a result of being on Zoom or on the premises of the Coach’s house or studio. By agreeing to these policies, the Student acknowledges the inherent risks associated with the lessons, understands the nature of potential hazards in the Coach’s house and studio, and hereby releases and discharges the Coach from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Student’s participation or presence on the premises.
XI. Electronic Signature
Your payment serves as the parent/students electronic signature agreeing that they acknowledge and understanding the policies, and binding them to this agreement and these policies.